05 April 2009

Fáilte


Welcome to my Ireland blog. I am spending three months here to research and document Ballinderry, the house where my mother was born. That the house is still standing is due to my second cousin Alan Tyrrell-Cox, and his wife Eleanor Murphy, who rescued the house from near total dereliction and are, with the greatest patience, returning it to its 250-year-old Georgian splendor.
Of course I'm also living here, and that's what this blog will mainly be about: finding a space for myself on this small and contradictory island.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to read more! This is a wonderful treat for those of us back home wondering how you are faring out on that small island. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I can't wait to follow how things are going. So glad you're doing it.

    ReplyDelete